Gallery - Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto
The Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto Railway was incorporated in 1898 and provided interurban transit services throughout the Niagara Region. The line was acquired by CN in 1908 and ceased passenger operations in 1959.
1 2 Next
NS&T car #83 is seen at Westbound at Shriners Siding near Thorold, while car #82 is Eastbound on the main line. This shot was taken from the vestibule of car #82.unknown - NRM CollectionThis Interlocking tower once protected the diamond crossing of the NS&T and CNR at Niagara Falls. This was where the CN Welland Sub crossed the NS&T Niagara Falls Sub. This shot is looking east, the Morris Crane plant can be seen at right. Part of this track still exists, but is no longer used.unknown - NRM Collection
NS&T cars 135 & 134 are inbound at Tower Inn Terminal in Niagara Falls. This location is now the site of the Rainbow Bridge plaza.unknown - NRM CollectionAn unknown NS&T car rubmles off the private right of way onto Elm St. in Humberstone (Port Colborne). The track going off to the right once lead to the former Robin Hood Flour Mill. This car is enroute to the Port Colborne CN station.July 10, 1954 - NRM Collection
NS&T car #130 is seen at the end of track at Lakeside Park in Port Dalhousie. c-1944 - NRM CollectionNS&T freight motor #21 and a CN Caboose are shown at Port Colborne Ont. This track is now Princess St, with the now Port Colborne Marine & Historical Museum behind.C-1940's - Ken Kreamer - Niagara Railway Museum Collection
NS&T car #67 rests at the Welland Avenue Carbarns, in the company of one of the freight motors and some of the other cars. Car #60 can be seen to the right of the front of #67.August 2, 1941 - NRM CollectionNiagara St. Catharines & Toronto line car #31 is seen at Thorold Ontario.c-1940s - NRM Collection
Niagara St. Catharines & Toronto cars #623 & 620 are on a National Railway Historical Association fan trip. The track they are sitting on is now gone, however the track to the right is still in service, and now curves to the left, behind the cars, and is operated by Trillium Railway.March 22, 1959 - NRM CollectionA postcard view of the short lived Canadian National Electric Railway Tower Inn Terminal in Niagara Falls.C-1929 - NRM Collection
NS&T car #83 is leaving Thorold on June 15, 1957.06/15/57 - Louis Rague (RHSONM Collection)NS&T car #83 is shown passing the scale track at Thorold on June 15, 1957.06/15/57 - Louis Rague (RHSONM Collection)
Removing the NS&T tracks down Bridge St. in Niagara Falls. Note the Michigan Central (New York Central) bridge in the back ground with a train crossing the border.June 3, 1948 - Niagara Falls (Ont) LibraryThis photo shows the NS&T tracks being removed along Victoria Avenue. Not the train of the New York Central Railway in the background.May 1948 - Niagara Falls (Ont) Library
Removing the Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto Railway tracks in Niagara Falls.
Project was carried out under the guidance of City Engineer W S Orr OBE; the piece of equipment in this photograph was designed and patented by Kerrio's Welding Works and was eventually used all over the world April 27, 1948 - Niagara Falls (Ont) LibraryNS&T Car #309 sits at the end of wire on Bridge Street in Niagara Falls, Ontario. #309 was part of a 12 car order from the Cincinatti Car Company. This type of design is referred to as a "Cincinatti Curve-Side" car. July,1939 - NRM Collection
NS&T Car #301 sits near the end of track on Bridge St, across the road from the NS&T ticket office and waiting room. In the background, a freight train containing Merchants Dispatch Transportion Company reefers can be seen the Michigan Central bridge.June 13th, 1943 - NRM CollectionNS&T Car #301, heads west on Bridge Steet.
Car #301 was purchased from the Cincinatti Car Company in 1926, along with 11 others (#302 to #312). They were delivered to the railway in component form, and were assembled by the NS&T shop forces at their St. Catharines shops. All 12 cars were scrapped in 1950.
Spring, 1943 - NRM Collection
Tower Inn Terminal is seen in this view looking south towards the American Falls where two unidentified NS&T interurbans await their next run.July 13th, 1941 - NRM CollectionNS&T open car #52 built by Ottawa Car Co. in 1903 is shown on the Niagara Falls Park & River Railroad (International Railway Co.) in Queen Victoria Park.1927-1928 - Richard Vincent
NS&T car #63 heads out of the Niagara Falls, while #135 takes on passengers. At the same time Canadian National Transportation bus #33 waits for passengers at the corner of Bridge St. & Victoria Ave. The only thing missing in this photo would be an NYC steam engine on the tracks to the right of the interurbans.1943 - NRM Collection Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto single truck sweeper #23 awaits it's next assignment at Tower Inn Terminal in Niagara Falls, ON.NRM Collection
Built in 1913, Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto single truck sweeper #23 awaits it's next assignment at Tower Inn Terminal in Niagara Falls, ON.December 24th, 1929 - NRM CollectionNS&T cars 65, 67, 60 and 52 on the “Boat Train” from Port Dalhousie, ON. Pictured on Victoria Avenue in Niagara Falls, ON.1943 - Richard Vincent - Niagara Rlwy Museum Collection
NS&T car 100 at the foot of bridge street in Niagara Falls, ON.Unknown - NRM Collection