Gallery - Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo
The following is from the TH&B Railway Historical Society website (www.thbrailway.ca):
"The Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway (TH&B) existed from 1892 through 1987 as a separate railway serving the Hamilton, Ontario area. It joined the lines of its corporate parents, the Canadian Pacific Railway and the New York Central system. It was established largely as an alternate route for the businesses in the Hamilton area to ship their products to Canadian customers in Toronto, Montreal, and the west and to American customers via the New York Central and its subsidiaries.
The TH&B was jointly owned after July 1895 by the CPR and NYC (and its successor, Penn Central) until 1977, when CP Rail bought the remaining shares and became full owner of the railway. The TH&B was integrated into the operations of its parent in 1987, losing its distinct identity as a separate railway."
1 2 Next
TH&B 2-8-4 Berkshire #201 is shown crossing Montrose Rd. eastbound into Montrose Yard.June 21st, 1953 - Niagara Railway Museum CollectionToronto Hamilton & Buffalo 4-6-2 #16 is seen on a picnic train at the MCRR Victoria Park Station (top of Clifton Hill).August 16th, 1947 - Sirman Collection
TH&B GP7 #72 is seen at the top of Clifton Hill, while switching the Nabisco plant.July 7th, 1965 - Bob Rathke - Niagara Railway Museum CollectionTH&B cabooses #61 ("Tight Grip, Safe Trip") and #63 ("Hold Tight Till Footing's Right") are seen at the Conrail Montrose Yard. They are being utilized as bunk cars in this shot.May, 1977 - NFRM Collection
1 2 Next